Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Trip so far

Today was the second day of our wonderful trip. Waking up in the morning was kind of rough, but the
waffle I had, made things better. One this day, our first stop was at the Fort De Soto, which is actually a
beach compare to its name. The beach was really beautiful and I was looking forward to getting into the
water. That means a lot coming from me, who am not the biggest fan of beaches. I am more in favor of
rainy, stay in bed and away from the salt water, kind of person. Yet, the beach was nice, the sand wasn’t too hot and the water didn’t remind me of The Simpson’s Movie. The only thing that scared me was a sign we saw at the entrance of the beach area. ‘Stingray Season. Shuffle your feet.’ Now, the only thing that came into my head was the crocodile hunter, who died because of a stingray. I mean, if they can kill him and not a lion, I think we got a problem. Though, I wanted to get in the water, just for a bit. Shuffling my feet and half blind (being that I don’t have my glasses on), holding Nicole’s hand because I didn’t want to trip and die. Yet, Nicole is no help. Just when we really got into the water, Nicole screams about a stingray and shuffle out the water without me, so much for friendships. Even though, I did get out the water, I just went back in till I was tired. After I left the water, about a good minute or two, something made this huge splash in the water. That is when; Amanda the mentor shouts out that it was a stingray. At the point, I flew off the beach and just chill around the shop area. Battling with the evil blood sucker was a pain but I wasn’t going back into the water. Plus, the shop wasn’t cooler than outside. I thought that was some kind of rule, but whatever. I just chill up there with Nicole, Denise, and Aminah. So, the lesson is, not all gift shop are cool. -Amanda

1 comment:

  1. but the sting rays where pretty especially when they jumped out of water
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete