Monday, July 8, 2013

Stingrays, Mosquitoes, and Mistrust

Today we got on the coach bus and headed to Fort De Soto Beach. We got off the bus and were attacked by mosquitoes. We had to hurry and spray ourselves with insect repellent. It was Off Deep Woods, that good kind. Then after applying sunscreen we headed to the beach. I was in the water for no more than 5 minutes when I saw a baby stingray. I immediately got out of the water. I told others who were in the ocean but no one believed me. I still got out and then proceeded to make a sandman. It didn’t really work out. After that I just sat on the shore and later collected sea shells. On my journey in the search of sea shells Amanda, my mentor, screamed “Did you guys see that?” I turned and saw a huge splash circle. Amanda said that a big stingray jumped out of the water. Raymond, my friend, backed her up. He also saw it happen. I turned to another one of my friends saying “I told you so.” I bet people will start believing what I say. -Nicole

Okay...not really...
This one is cute..don't touch them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment