Friday, July 19, 2013

Monkeys and Snails

One of our Friday field trips was going to monkey jungle. In reality it was a pretty great experience because we, well I got to physically interact with them even though I wasn't supposed to. I put in $0.25 into a machine and it gave me sunflower seeds and when I held up my hand into a little opening in the corner, the monkeys grabbed the sunflower seeds from my hands. Their fingers were amazingly soft, but don’t tell ANYBODY because I wasn't supposed to, and I can be charged with a crime!!! At the end of the day, we actually learned more about snails than monkeys which I wasn't too happy with but at least I learned some interesting facts about snails which include that snails are hermaphrodites, which in layman's terms means they have both male and female genitals. That really gross its like a human being a boy and a girl like Lady Gaga!! :D Another activity we did was use math to figure out how high a snail was up on the tree. We also taped the trees wear we found the snails. Each species had a different tape color assigned to it.


                                                                                                                            -Anthony 


Here we are using math skills to record data

No comments:

Post a Comment